Make Your Voice Heard
A well written letter can be a powerful tool to bring about positive change. We encourage anyone with ALR
concerns to take time to write a letter. The following is a list of contacts that may be able to help address your
|Premier of British Columbia||Hon. John Horganemail@example.com
|Minister of Agriculture,
Food and Fisheries
|Hon. Lana Popham||AGR.Minister@gov.bc.ca
|Opposition critic for
Agriculture and Food
|MLA (Delta South)
Directory of MLA’s – https://www.leg.bc.ca/learn-about-us/members
B.C. Ombudsman – https://bcombudsperson.ca/contact/
Agricultural Land Commission – https://www.alc.gov.bc.ca/alc/content/contact-us
B.C. Agricultural Land Owners Association – Info@bcaloa.com
Tips for writing an effective letter:
- If possible always type your letter. Typed letters are more professional.
- Include the full name, title and address of the recipient.
- Include the date, and full address details for a reply.
- Keep the content brief and focused. It is normally a good idea to stick to one issue per letter.
- Always be polite and respectful.
- Ask someone to check your spelling and grammar.
- Keep a copy of all your letters.